Sunday, September 9, 2012

About Jane Austen Prequels and Sequels

About Jane Austen Prequels and Sequels

How to start this?



I think I have to say right now, I am not a Jane-ite, I would rather say that I have a form of OCD when it comes to books, or possibly, I am just mad as a hatter.

It’s like this, If I read a book I like, I have to try and read everything by that author. So, If a book is part of a series, I have to try and get the whole series before I can start it as I cannot bear to finnish one book and not have the next in the series to move on to, obviously that’s only possible on already published series. On on going series, just like everybody else I do have to just wait for the next book.

So, I think you can see my problem with Jane Austen, I loved her work and so naturally when I saw the odd sequel by other authors, I was happy to read them as well, but then the OCD kicked in and I started buying and reading every sequel (or prequel), I could find!

This all sound reasonable until you realise:

1) That there are hundreds of them, by many different authors.

2) That I left England in November 2008 with all my possessions in two suitcases, one of which was mainly filled with books, to head out with my family to travel the world.

All three of my Children are book lovers as is my Husband as well, so at least they are understanding of my constant need to buy books, and it has been fun finding books all around the world from mega bookstores in Singapore or Las Vegas, to less well stocked one’s in Malaysia or second hand one’s in Cambodia.

As Malaysia is now our home, I do have to do many quick trips to the book buying heaven that is Singapore.

The pile of Jane Austen Prequels and Sequels is growing all the time and I have posted some of them back to my Daughter who has returned to the UK.

I will feel a lot less guilty about my collection and book purchases if I can share them with you.

It should be fun.

And to make life even easier my bookstore on this site should enable you to find all the Jane Austen related books you may ever need quickly and easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment