Sunday, September 9, 2012

Dawn of the Dreadfuls by Jane Austen and Steve Hockensmith


Dawn of the Dreadfuls by Jane Austen and Steve Hockensmith

(Pride and Prejudice and Zombies)

It is very nearly a year since I read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Graham-Smith: I was in Fiji when I read it and it took me all of two days to complete and my comment at the time was it was great fun.

Well, it has just taken me two days to read Dawn of the Dreadfuls, it has some pretty outlandish characters but still tries to stay true to the style, while of course still filling the pages with masses of zombie slaying.

Although written by a different author if you enjoyed the silliness of the first book you will love this one too.

There are some wonderfully odious types amongst both the living and the dead, how can you not be won over by a book that starts thus ” walking out in the middle of a funeral would be, of course bad form. So attempting to walk out on one’s own was beyond the pale.”

This book has illustrations by Patrick Arrowsmith.

The book is full of zombie mayhem, dark and melodramatic as you would expect, I know that these ‘Quirk’ classics as they call themselves are not everyones cup of tea but for those who like a joke go for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment