Thursday, September 13, 2012

Interview With An Author – Abigail Reynolds


Interview With An Author – Abigail Reynolds


1) Your own favorite Austen character and why?

Abigail:   Darcy is probably my favorite Austen character, but not for the usual reasons. I’m fascinated by his complexity, by having to guess the thoughts that go on behind his silences, and how a man could be both so sensitive to his sister’s needs and P&P. There are so many ways to sketch his character that, as an author, I can’t help but be fascinated by him. But if you asked me who I’d want as a friend, it would be Elinor Dashwood, for being the person you can always rely on to try to do the right thing.

2) Your favorite Austen book.

Abigail:    Pride & Prejudice, with Persuasion in a close second.

3) Which actor would you chose to be YOUR Mr Darcy and why?

Abigail:  I can never answer this question! I’m not particularly up to date on actors, and I have such strong images of the characters in my head that it seems odd to think of anyone else playing them. That said, I’d love to have seen Alan Howard or Ian McKellen when they were in their prime playing Darcy.

4) Who would be your perfect Elizabeth?

Abigail:  As above, I draw a blank. ☺

5) Your favorite book of all time by any author?

Abigail:  An easy one! That would be Pride & Prejudice.

6) Your favorite Austen film or TV adaption?

Abigail:  Probably P&P 1995, though I also enjoy P&P 2005.

7) You are having a dinner party and can invite four Austen characters which would they be.

And

8. Why have you chosen them?

Abigail:   Darcy and Wentworth so that I could explore their characters, Elizabeth Bennet for sheer good company and entertainment, and Charlotte Lucas whose still waters run deep.

9) Which character would you like to play in a film?

Abigail:   Anything but Emma! I have a strong theater background so I have a pretty good sense of what I could and couldn’t handle. Elizabeth Bennet is beyond my reach, but I’d love to tackle Lady Catherine de Bourgh. I could have a lot of fun with one of the more complex and serious female roles like Elinor Dashwood or Charlotte Lucas.

10) Tell us about your next planned book (whether Austen related or not).

Abigail:  I have a new Pemberley Variation, Mr. Darcy’s Letter, coming out soon. I’m working on another one set at Hunsford, but I’m not sure if it’s going to be a novel or a novella yet. The pace is moving faster than I expected! 

There’s also another modern novel set in Woods Hole in the same series as The Man Who Loved Pride & Prejudice and Morning Light, this one based on Cassie’s younger brother Ryan.

A Very Big Thank You To Abigail.



If you are an Author and would like to Be Included In ‘Questions To Authors ‘- Click on the Questions To Authors link at the top of the page and go for it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment