Friday, September 14, 2012

Interview With An Author – Jane Greensmith


Interview With An Author – Jane Greensmith




1) Your own favorite Austen character and why?

Jane:  Depends on my mood, but I really enjoy Emma Woodhouse.  She gains so much self-awareness in the course of the book, and her willingness to try to grow is both endearing and admirable.

2) Your Favorite Austen book?

Jane: Whichever one I am currently reading.  I don’t have a favorite child or a favorite Austen.

3) Which actor would you chose to be YOUR Mr Darcy and why?

Jane:   Colin Firth continues to set the mark, and in my eyes is Mr. Darcy 

4) Who would be your perfect Elizabeth?

Jane:  Actually I think Greer Garson, Elizabeth Garvie, and Jennifer Ehle all did wonderful in the role, though I think Elizabeth Garvie is still the best.

5) Your favorite book of all time by any author?

Jane:  There is no one favorite, although if forced I would have to go with Middlemarch.

6) Your favorite Austen film or TV adaption?

Jane:   My current favorite is the latest Emma but I am also a fan of the both SandS films, the 1995 PandP, and the Persuasion with Amanda Root.

7) You are having a dinner party and can invite four Austen characters which would they be?

Jane:  Lady Russell, Mr. Bennet, Captain Wentworth, and Mary Crawford

8. Why have you chosen them?

Jane:  I think these would provide outstanding conversation, tell the best stories, listen as well as talk, flirt as appropriate.  They are well-educated and not shy.

9) Which character would you like to play in a film?

Jane:  Sophie Croft

10) Tell us about your next planned book (whether Austen related or not)?

Jane:  A set of interrelated short stories that span 1850-1950 and are set in Colorado.

Thank you very much Jane, very much appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment