Friday, September 14, 2012
Interview With An Author – Jane Greensmith
1) Your own favorite Austen character and why?
Jane: Depends on my mood, but I really enjoy Emma Woodhouse. She gains so much self-awareness in the course of the book, and her willingness to try to grow is both endearing and admirable.
2) Your Favorite Austen book?
Jane: Whichever one I am currently reading. I don’t have a favorite child or a favorite Austen.
3) Which actor would you chose to be YOUR Mr Darcy and why?
Jane: Colin Firth continues to set the mark, and in my eyes is Mr. Darcy
4) Who would be your perfect Elizabeth?
Jane: Actually I think Greer Garson, Elizabeth Garvie, and Jennifer Ehle all did wonderful in the role, though I think Elizabeth Garvie is still the best.
5) Your favorite book of all time by any author?
Jane: There is no one favorite, although if forced I would have to go with Middlemarch.
6) Your favorite Austen film or TV adaption?
Jane: My current favorite is the latest Emma but I am also a fan of the both SandS films, the 1995 PandP, and the Persuasion with Amanda Root.
7) You are having a dinner party and can invite four Austen characters which would they be?
Jane: Lady Russell, Mr. Bennet, Captain Wentworth, and Mary Crawford
8. Why have you chosen them?
Jane: I think these would provide outstanding conversation, tell the best stories, listen as well as talk, flirt as appropriate. They are well-educated and not shy.
9) Which character would you like to play in a film?
Jane: Sophie Croft
10) Tell us about your next planned book (whether Austen related or not)?
Jane: A set of interrelated short stories that span 1850-1950 and are set in Colorado.
Thank you very much Jane, very much appreciated.