Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Jane Austen Ruined My Life by Beth Pattillo


Jane Austen Ruined My Life by Beth Pattillo

A Novel


Yes, Yes, Yes, I loved this, once I picked it up I could not put it down.

It was so good to read and so well researched, a book with great imagination.

I have been lucky enough to have lived in London, Hampshire and Devon and the descriptions in this book were pretty much spot on (which is often times not the case).

I loved the idea of The Formidable’s guarding Jane Austen’s letters and her privacy down through all the years, handling all of the supposedly destroyed documents down from one generation through to the next.

I like the characters, the twists and turns, not knowing who were the bad guys and which ones were really fighting for the good.

I was rooting for the heroine Emma all the way through and I am very glad to have Beth Pattillo’s next book as I will dive straight in hoping for much more of the same in Mr Darcy Broke My Heart, here I come!



No comments:

Post a Comment