Monday, September 24, 2012

Maria Grace Answers Our Questions For Authors


Maria Grace Answers Our Questions For Authors

Our Grateful Thanks To Maria Grace For Answering Our Questions For Authors


1) Your own favorite Austen character and why?

I have to confess, Anne Elliot is my favorite character. I have always felt like I can relate to her. Elizabeth is too witty and sociable—I couldn’t be like her. But wise, caring Anne to whom everyone turns to get things done—I can relate to her.

2) Your Favorite Austen book ?

That would be a toss up between Persuasion and Pride and Prejudice.

3) Which actor would you chose to be YOUR Mr Darcy and why?

Colin Firth will always be Darcy in my mind. He was the first actor I saw play him and I think that is indelibly etched in my brain.

4) Who would be your perfect Elizabeth?

Jennifer Ehle, for the same reasons as Colin Firth.

5) Your favorite book of all time by any author?

I’m not sure I can choose only one!

6) Your favorite Austen film or TV adaption?

It’s a tie between P&P 2005 and Amanda Root’s Persuasion

7) You are having a dinner party and can invite four Austen characters which would they be?

Elinor Dashwood, Anne Elliot, Miss Taylor (Emma’s governess), and Mrs. Croft

8. Why have you chosen them?

I think this group of women represents characters I can most relate to and I’d love to see if that was really true after all.
Although, I would also be tempted to invite Lady Susan. She was such a delightful villainess and hearing her perspectives first hand would be fascinating.

9) Which character would you like to play in a film?

Anne Elliot or Elinor Dashwood.

10) Tell us about your next planned book (whether Austen related or not)?

Are you going to narrow me down to only one? I have nine projects pinned up on my board right now.
I just finished the rough draft of ‘If Only I had Learnt.’ It is the story of the Bennet family as they overcome the challenges presented by a disabling accident suffered by Mr. Bennet and the tragic loss of Mrs. Bennet several years later. Elizabeth meets Darcy as there is instant attraction, but Elizabeth is sure her tragic experiences have left her unfit to be the wife of any gentleman. It is up Darcy to convince her otherwise.

Thanks for the chance to share!

Thank You Maria Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment