Thursday, September 13, 2012

Interview With An Author – Kara Louise


Interview With An Author – Kara Louise


1) Your own favorite Austen character and why:

Kara:  It has to be Mr. Darcy. He is a man of strong convictions and integrity, loyal to family and to his friends (to a fault, where Bingley was concerned, though), and a man who did not flaunt his wealth and connections. The fact that he was handsome and rich might have a little to do with it.

2) Your Favorite Austen book:

Kara:  Pride and Prejudice is my favorite, with Persuasion a close second.

3) Which actor would you chose to be YOUR Mr Darcy and why:

Kara:   I am a Colin Firth fan all the way. To me he is Mr. Darcy in his looks, actions, and demeanour.

4) Who would be your perfect Elizabeth:

Kara:   If I could go back in time and mix eras, I might say Audrey Hepburn, although she may have been too pretty. She did have such fine eyes!

5) Your favorite book of all time by any author:

Kara:   Since I have read it so often and enjoy it every time, it would have to be “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen herself.

6) Your favorite Austen film or TV adaption:

Kara:   The 1995 “Pride and Prejudice” although I do enjoy the latest “Emma” with Jonny Lee Miller.

7) You are having a dinner party and can invite four Austen characters which would they be:

Kara:  Mr. Darcy, Captain Wentworth, Mr. Knightly, and Colonel Fitzwilliam.

8. Why have you chosen them:

Kara:  Do you have to ask? I would love to ask them all kinds of questions about how they knew they were in love, why they fell in love, and why that love endured (this of course might not apply to the Colonel, but he would add a little bit of levity to the group!).

9) Which character would you like to play in a film:

Kara:   I assume you mean a Jane Austen character. If I were to choose one who is most like me, it would have to be Jane Bennet. I am really like her in that I do try to see good in people. Now sometimes it’s hard, but I can usually still put up with them.

10) Tell us about your next planned book (whether Austen related or not):

Kara:   I wrote a series of stories several years ago that follow Darcy and Elizabeth in their first year of marriage as they celebrated each of the holidays and special events, beginning, of course with Christmas. I’m doing some major editing of it, adding some stories, and getting it ready for a fall release.
It will be self-published and titled, “Pemberley Celebrations – the first year.”


A Very Big Thank You To Kara.





If you are an Author and would like to Be Included In ‘Questions To Authors ‘- Click on the Questions To Authors link at the top of the page and go for it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment