Thursday, September 13, 2012

Wickham’s Diary by Amanda Grange


Wickham’s Diary by Amanda Grange

Jane Austen's Quintessential Bad Boy Has His Say...


Well I have to say I was a bit disappointed as I expected more from this book. It’s say’s Jane Austen’s quintessential bad boy has his say, so, I was expecting carousing, womanising, the fall of the country boy into a full blown rake and the inveterate gambler.

I was aware the book only covered up to Wickham’s attempted elopement with Georgina Darcy, but it was all rather tame and really does not so much show Wickham as a bad boy but more a sociopath.

He shows no empathy for others feelings, He genuinely believes he should have everything he wants with no effort on his part, of course he should marry an Heiress and have a country estate, he is pretty and his Mummy said so.

I just feel that there was so much more that could have been in this diary, and his elopement with Lydia Bennet.

It would have been fun to read about another human who also believes she deserves everything she wants and constant entertainment, I would have enjoyed the interaction between two people that believe so strongly that their hearts desires should be delivered straight into their hands.


Also by Amanda Grange





No comments:

Post a Comment