Thursday, September 13, 2012

Interview With An Author – Beth Pattillo


Interview With An Author – Beth Pattillo


1) Your own favorite Austen character and why?

Beth:  Hm… It’s probably a tie between Elizabeth Bennet and Anne Elliot. I love Lizzy for her wit, her loyalty to her sisters, and her common sense.  I love Anne because she perseveres under the yolk of a very trying family. I love that they both end up with heroes worthy of them!

2) Your Favorite Austen book?

Beth:  Again, it’s probably a tie between Pride and Prejudice and Persuasion, although I love all the novels.

3) Which actor would you chose to be YOUR Mr Darcy and why?

Beth:  I’m a Colin Firth girl, all the way. 

4) Who would be your perfect Elizabeth?

Beth:   I still love Jennifer Ehle from the ’95 BBC miniseries the best, but I was surprisingly pleased by Keira Knightley’s performance in the more recent movie. I think Emma Stone would make a great Elizabeth, if there’s another remake. She has that witty but accessible vibe that a good Lizzy needs.

5) Your favorite book of all time by any author?

Beth:  It depends on what day you ask me! I love too many to just pick one.

6) Your favorite Austen film or TV adaption?

Beth:    That’s a tough one. I’ve enjoyed all of them. Again, it depends on when you ask me. Last night, I rewatched the ’95 Persuasion with Amanda Root and Ciaran Hinds.  I love the simplicity of it and the cinematography is amazing.

7) You are having a dinner party and can invite four Austen characters which would they be?

Beth:  Mr. Darcy, Captain Wentworth, Mr. Knightley, and Colonel Brandon.  I’m no fool!

8. Why have you chosen them?

Beth:  Wouldn’t you want to spend the evening with these guys?

9) Which character would you like to play in a film?

Beth:  Well, at my age, I’d have to play Mrs. Dashwood or Lady Russell or one of the other matrons.  Mrs. Jennings would be fun to play — all that meddling and matchmaking!

10) Tell us about your next planned book (whether Austen related or not)?

Beth:  I’m trying to figure out what to work on next! I don’t think I’m done with the Formidables and Jane Austen but I may need a change of pace for a bit.  Sometimes too many options is a problem…

Thank you for letting me drop by. 
Beth

Well, Thank you Beth, very much appreciated.

More from Beth Pattillo:





No comments:

Post a Comment